My two flights were OK aside from the fact that it was about 150 degrees in the mini plane to Newark and about 5 degrees in the plane to Shannon. Thank God for the blanket and pillow courtesy of Continental Airlines.
When we first took off [after about an hour of waiting for the luggaage people to sort through all the luggage since they overbooked the flight by 12 people and had to take the luggage out and put it back on], we were able to watch quite a few firework shows from the sky. They were very pretty to see, but the fireworks looked like little sparklers from where we were.
We then watched 27 Dresses, which just happens to be the cutest movie alive. I really loved it.. and it has nothing to do with the fact that they played James Morrison. Promise.
I sat next to two girls who were really fun to sit next to. They are visiting Ireland for two weeks on a vacation that they've been planning for about a year. The girl next to me was also reading How The Irish Saved Civilization. I feel like everywhere I go someone is reading that book, haha. I am glad I finally finished it.
Most of the flight attendants were very nice, but there was this one little man who kept running up and down the aisles as if completing his job was going to save lives. He kept yelling, "Job to do! Job to do!" and literally pushing people out of the aisle--like me. Then I saw him pouring a cup of water for someone. Really? Is it that urgent? ..and more than once? Come on now, White Rabbit, get it together.
Now I am in the airport just waiting for the other student arriving today, Kali, and our car. Our car is arriving at 10 a.m. to take us on a three-hour journey to Sligo. Upon arrival, we will be taking a thirty-minute tour of the campus, so hopefully I'll have pictures to share in a few hours.
Yay for Ireland!
P.S. Mom, I see someone with a guitar. I should have brought mine :(

3 comments:
That's cool you could see some fireworks. =]
When I went to Europe there was a similar flight attendant on my flight! We had a whole bunch of kids though (14-18), so that might've added to her irritation. Luckily I wasn't sitting in the aisle seat, but the people who were, she wouldn't bother to tell them she was coming by so she always hit them with the cart she was pushing, haha.
Yeah, you laugh now, but wait until you're in the aisle seat, buddy!
Haha :)
I too am glad yu were able to see fireworks. I was thinking about that while watching them that you might not be able to see any before you left and that made me sad. My favorite thing about this holiday are the beautiful fireworks. Watching it on TV isn't the same as watching them in NY, but once you've seen the Macy's spectacular up close, kinda hard to see fireworks anywhere else without being unimpressed.
I'm also glad you had a safe flight! Minus the weird flight attendant. Probablt afraid he'll lose his job if he's not working hard enough. Or was that another airline that cut back their flight attendants.. hm.
Post a Comment